Friday, March 27, 2009

fun things for baby

i know i should be focusing on purchases for my baby that are practical and, well, actually necessary. but then i come across stuff like this and suddenly there is the voice in my head that says, "it will be mine. oh yes....it will be mine." or something along those lines, anyway. so naturally i must listen to the voice, right?


these mobiles are so beautiful and so adorable at the same time. i would take any of them or any by Flensted, the Danish company that makes them.






i love these knitted fruit rattles. so cute. so expensive. what more could you want for your baby?!


there are a lot of cute baby things at Etsy.com that are doable in terms of expense, though. i love these bibs. the girl who makes them picks the cutest prints and they're covered in plastic so they wipe clean. (check out evelynkate at etsy)



okay, toddler-sized converse. c'mon. absolutely necessary. i promise, however, that i won't buy any until he is actually walking.


does it seem like i'm the one who actually needs this stuff and not the baby?

8 comments:

carrie said...

I've had my eye on the hedgehog mobile. AND I just bought Stella her 3rd pair of converse. (Kids grow too fast)

Jackie said...

I don't even have kids, and now I want like 3 of those mobiles at once!

Now THAT is impractical.

Dukes said...

Wow, thanks a lot for posting all that cute stuff. :P Now I want it all!

Doug & Stef said...

Weston has grey converse!!! so cute, but very difficult to get on just so you know.

Emy W. said...

Oh my goodness, that hedgehog mobile is too awesome for words!

leigh said...

I LOVE that first fish mobile (and the others too) and I have a hard time not buying converse in every size and color. Theyr'e so cute!

Ashley said...

Does Carrie know Michelle, one of the girls behind EvelynKate? She is one of Amy's best friends, and along with the bibs you have to get one of the Pacifinders, they are really helpful, and also really cute.

shannon said...

Hey there, cute girl!--You look adorable pregnant! From the pictures, it looks like you are just wearing one of those strap on bellies! :)

I love the first fish mobile and the hedgehogs...Would it be queer to have one over MY bed?