Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a shout out

i'd like to give a quick shout out to my girl Gigi! for those of you who would like a dog, but your spouse repeatedly tells you "no", this is how you go about it. secretly go and adopt a cute one that is already housebroken, bring her home, and tell your spouse "no refunds. sorry."

well, that's what i did, and logan was mad. i don't know that i would actually recommend deliberately going behind your spouse's back and purchasing a dog. but now that we've had Gigi for a while, i can safely say that he loves having her around and holds no grudges (that i am aware of).

Gigi is a mini australian shepherd and the nicest little dog ever! she is pretty shy though, especially when a camera is involved for some reason. we usually have to hold her in place for her to take a picture for us without running away. sorry...these are the best i could do.

logan's favorite new hobby--going outside in the icy cold dead of night to let Gigi trot around all of Provo until she locates the perfect patch of snow. no really, he just loves it! notice Gigi shielding her fragile eyes from the camera's evil light (as she sees it...).

"i'd like to just chew on my bone and lay on my dirty blanket in peace, thank you. get that camera out of my face."


ooooh, gigi....


7 comments:

carrie said...

emily, for trying to stay under the radar- you aren't doing a very good job!

emily and logan said...

i know, i know. but i think we're in the clear by now. it should be cool.

Shanicherie said...

I really want to play with her more! I still think it's absolutely hilarious how you just went out and bought her. I can't even tell you how bad I want a dog right now! I am looking at craigslist.com everyday! Haha..I'm a little obsessed, but hopefully it'll pass. Under the radar?

Shanicherie said...

You should fill out the husband thing too so I can know stuff about Logan! So the under the radar thing is working out then?

Shanicherie said...

new post new post new post new post

leigh said...

yes - new post

Shanicherie said...

Okay emily, I am very disappointed in you. Tomorrow marks one month since your last post. This is completely unacceptable! Do you realize that I check your blog daily in high anticipation that you've posted again!? So sad...so sad...