Thursday, July 15, 2010

quilt for baby john

my sweet friend emily jones has gone through so much in the past year and i knew i just had to do something for her! she lost her wonderful husband john in an accident last thanksgiving and then brought a beautiful new baby into the world last month! she is an amazing woman. i wish i could do more, but i decided to make her this quilt for baby John to show her how much we love and care about her.

this pattern is so gorgeous. my sister-in-law Leigh can be thanked for that! those little strips were tough, but totally worth it.


i started the quilt before i knew what em was having. hopefully it's not too girly!


no, obviously it's not hand-quilted. a pro did all that work. it turned out perfectly.



love you, em!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

That quilt is awesome Em, so cute. I may have to make a girl version before my little one gets here.

M. Dahl said...

So beautiful! Emily will love it!

Mrs. Dexter said...

The quilt is adorable!!! You're such a crafty little mama! :)

leigh said...

I'm glad you blogged it! I've been wondering what it looks like. It turned out great!

Lisa said...

That is amazing. So incredible Emily!

BirdieMann said...

The quilt is incredible, you are so talented! I love the owl stuffed animal you made too! Thanks for leaving me a comment, it was fun to find your blog!